[Typo3] problems after clearing typo3temp/pics

Alex van der Baan list at vanderbaan.org
Wed May 18 06:35:50 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I ported my website from my local linux box to our providers
machine, since they gave me a hard time importing the database, I
decided to import and export t3d files.

Since I started with importing and later ftp'ing the files some images
were transfered but of a really bad quality (pdf datasheets). After some
searching I found the location that Typo uses to store these preview
images of a pdf file, typo3temp/pics. Initially I couldn't flush this
folder due to the fact that typo3 created the images thus giving the
files the nobody user instead of the user given to me by the hosting
provider. After a chown on the side of the provider, I flushed the
folder. I would have expected Typo3 to regenerate the preview picture
from the PDF. Unfortunately this doesnt happen, do people here have
experience with this? Or know how I can replace bad quality graphics to
newly generated ones?

Thanks,

Alex