[Typo3] virtual economy or ratio system

Takemoto tim at yamaguchi-u.ac.jp
Tue May 17 14:40:46 CEST 2005

Hello Typo3 users,

I have been looking for what one might call (it has several names):
* a ratio system
* spend a penny gain a penny
* a system like that of istockphoto.com (especially the early days)
   as emulated by canstock and bigstock
* a system like filepile.com (now defunct)
* the CMS functionality equivalent to the way that software like
bit torrent controls the size of ones download torrent depending
on the extent or size of one up load system.
* a virtual economy - points instead of money

To an extent all the above are the same thing, they
control the extent to which someone has access
to some resource dependent upon the extent to which
others have accessed the contributions of that user.

In other words, using the most famous example, one can
download stock photographs from istock photo if one
has uploaded photographs that have been downloaded
by others.

I have been looking for a system of this type for some
time, at places like phpnuke, postnuke, and since I happen
to be using them b2evolution, nucleus. I have not found
this sort of software available. The xyzstock people, including
Bruce Livingstone tell me that the softwware is very
expensive. My budget is, sadly, very small.

I have heard that Typo3 is the kind of open source CMS
in terms of providing functionality.

I wonder if this sort of functionality is available at typo3 or
whether there are any plans to incorporate it.

Tim

Timothy Takemoto