[Typo3] Creating an extension

René Schade schade at hypergenic.com
Tue May 17 14:37:20 CEST 2005

Hi

I've been writing a few simple extensions. All of them generates their content as a frontend plugin, which is quite easy, using the kickstarter, and later on insert the plugin on a page.

Now I want to create an extension generating output defined in a template (the extension's output must be on all pages).

But, how do I do this the right way? I can't find any documentation explaining me how to do this?

I need to do something like this in my configuration:

# static configuration
myextension{
configuration1:1
configuration2:blue
configuration3:maybe
}

page.10<myextension.getTHML

I guess myextension.getHTML is som kind of call to a method in my extension - does this technique have a name?

Could someone please tell me where to find more information about doing this - the right way.

Regards,
René