[Typo3] Seperate BE database connection

Suman Debnath suman at srijan.co.in
Tue May 17 08:11:12 CEST 2005

Hi Karsten,

This regards a specific installation where the FE has nothing (plug-in or
anything else) that needs write access to the DB. As you correctly surmised,
the concern is security. Therefore, we were exploring the idea of having a
read-only access to the DB in FE and full access in the BE.

However, today I have found a way [ maybe ] to do this. I am thinking of
creating the same user with different IPs and with different privileges (For
security the MySQL DB is in one server, Typo3 in another with Apache for BE,
Apache with Typo3 files mounted as read-only in another for FE). This should
work. What do you think?

Regards
Suman Debnath

news:mailman.1.1116245327.21147.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...