[Typo3] Implementation of RSS newsfeed/tt_news version

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon May 16 11:39:37 CEST 2005

hi Thorsten,

 Kanu- und Ski-Club Lünen e.V. - Thorsten Dorn  wrote:
> iI would like to include a RSS newsfeed on our homepage. We have
> tt_news 1.2.3 installed, which I suppose is a too old version to work
> with pmk_rssnewsexport 0.1.4. Would it be possible to update tt_news
> to version 2.1.1. without getting in trouble with TYPO3 3.6.1?

tt_news 2.1.1 will work on TYPO3 3.6.1 and does have in-build support for
RSS feeds.

> Generally: When am I allowed to install a newer version of an
> extension? When will I get in trouble?

the ugly truth is: try & error.

> Most extension in the online
> repository are declared for newer versions of TYPO3, but our provider
> won't update our intallation...

the TYPO3 version number in the extmng does only show the TYPO3 version from
where the extension was uploaded. f.e. tt_news shows TYPO3 3.8.0-dev at
this place - but it will work with all TYPO3 versions from 3.6.0 on.

and btw: it's the same for the PHP version showed in the extmng.

greets
rupi