[Typo3] Login-error

Nicklas af Ekenstam n at nille.org
Mon May 16 10:31:36 CEST 2005

Hello.

This is my first post to this list and I apologize for it being a
request for help rather than an introduction. There is a short
introduction in the end of this message for those of you who are interested.

Anyhow.

I recently installed version version 3.7.0 on my RH9 box running
Apache/2.0.49 and PHP 4.3.9 and have it up and running just fine except
for this pesky login error saying:

	Login-error
	No user logged in! Sorry, I can't proceed then!
	(You must have cookies enabled!)

I have searched the archives of this mailing list and found records of
other users having the same problem but I didn't find a solution.
In my case the problems started when I modified the base template for
the site I was configuring. All of a sudden I got this error message and
logging in again doesn't work.

I've tried both Mozilla Firefox 1.0.4 and IE 6.0.2900.2180 sp on XP Pro
SP2 without any success. However when I change to a different computer,
running W2K3 server and 6.0.3790 I can log in just fine from there. (I
still, however, cannot log in from my regular computer after having
logged in and out from the W2K3 box.)

I realize this suggests a problem with security settings or cookies with
my regular computer but I find it odd that this problem only seems to
show up when I fiddle with templates and that I have no similar
experiences with all the other cookie using sites I frequently use
(typo3 and other). Nothing I do (clearing my cache, deleting cookies
etc) seem to have any effect either.

Any hints on what may be causing this problem and how to solve it would
be very appreciated. Thanks.

- Nille

PRESENTATION:

My name is Nicklas af Ekenstam. Nille for short.
I work as a programmer, mainly in VS.NET but I'm also fairly well
traversed in PHP, Perl and Python, for a small Swedish web hosting
company called Pistol Internet Hosting. (http://pistol.se/)
I recently was asked we are able to host TYPO3 based web sites and
decided to find out myself by installing it myself and see what happened.

After a few minor changes, primarily with graphics support, in our PHP
setup I had it up and running perfectly and needless to say I didn't get
any sleep that night as I stayed up all night just playing around with
TYPO3. I am very impressed with this excellent piece of software and
hope to use it on a regular basis from now on.

I will try my best to convince my company to support TYPO3 development
financially and perhaps even write a few extensions myself in the future.