[Typo3] Internal Server Error when viewing pages or adding new content

gerri tomlinson gerri at tomlinson.uk.net
Sun May 15 17:22:04 CEST 2005

Hi there,

Wonder if anyone can help me here.  I think I might go mad if I don't find a solution soon.

I installed typo3 v3.7 on a shared hosting package a few months ago -  everything worked perfectly and I was mightily impressed.  However, about a  month ago  I started getting internal server errors when using the Page/List modules to view pages with content or when trying to add new content in the BE, the FE works fine.  The last thing I did which may have caused this was to run the standard maintenance routines, clear the caches, clear down typo3temp etc...  I've ran these before and never had any problems so doubt very much if doing this was the cause.

I contacted my ISP and they said they were unable to provide any apache logfiles as it was not their policy to generate them on a shared hosting server.   In addition, they insist they haven't made any changes to any of the infrastructure, either hardware or apps.

Since then I've been going through all the forums looking for a possible solution, I've chmod'd as per some of the suggestions listed; the install was from a zip package so soft links aren't the problem and finally to generate my own error logs I replicated everything locally to a Windows environment (where it works perfectly.)

Just to put the icing on the cake, I can no longer connect to the online repository, again I receive an internal server error.

I really am at my wits end now, my ISP seems as useful as a chocolate teapot but I will only change as a last resort.  Support may not be very good but their reliability is. Can anyone offer any advice?

Below is a link to my debug info together with a list of loaded extensions...
http://bitz-n-bobz.com/debug/debug.html

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

- gerri tomlinson (gerri)