[Typo3] Backend Context Menus Working with Firefox

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat May 14 10:39:37 CEST 2005

Sven Schwyn wrote:

> I'm wondering why the Context Menus in the Backend only appear when using Internet Explorer. With Firefox, the menu items are displayed in the top menu bar. However, when forcing Firefox to identify itself with the USER_AGENT string of Internet Explorers, the Context Menus work just fine, tested on Firefox 1.0.4. (Other things like RTEs don't so this is good for testing but not as a workaround.)

The standard RTE works just in IE/Win. Many people use rtehtmlarea instead.
This one works on IE/Win/Mac, FF/Win/Lin/Mac AFAIK

> Is there a way to enable Context Menus for Firefox?

Which specific context menus are you meaning ? If you mean the context menus which open up
if you click on icon of a page or record then I have to say that this works for me in FF/Lin.
Pherhaps you notice the browser-context menu in top of the T3 context menu. Just click the
right mouse button a second time ... (or use the left mouse button to open the context menu)

greets,
Bernhard