[Typo3] Direct Mail sendmail limit is 50?

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Sat May 14 04:34:15 CEST 2005

For the record, there is a class.t3lib_dmailer.php that sends the
mail for Direct Mail Module. The text in the preamble says that it
sends 100 messages per loop, but the loop variable ($sendPerCycle)
is set to 50. There is my number.

This class also states that a cron can be created to initiate
sending at /typo3/mod/web/dmail/dmailerd.phpcron, but this is
incorrect in my setting (3.6.2). Try instead,
typo3/ext/direct_mail/mod/dmailerd.phpcron.

Now there is another situation. If register_globals is not set to
on in PHP, the script will fail, I think. The first line of the
dmailerd.phpcron script is

$dir = dirname($HTTP_ENV_VARS["_"]);

In my setting, this sets $dir to "" which causes the script to fail.

Trying to be clever, but I'm not, I set $dir to something like

$dir = "/u/web/myaccount/typ/typo3/ext/direct_mail/mod";

This appears to give the variables in the script the correct
value, but does not appear to send any mail. I wonder what other
issue I have. I am happy to hear other's experience and contribute
to the Wiki where I might.

Mark