[Typo3] Getting rid of <p> alltogether

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat May 14 00:15:04 CEST 2005

>> You can write this line in your Template TS Setup:
>> general_stdWrap.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag
>> =
>>
>> This only removes the <p>-Tag for tt_news elements:

plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWr
appedTag
>> =
>>
>> Does it help?
>
> ACTUALLY, it worked!  I only did the first line you gave me, which
> does not work, but I tried the second and its perfect. However like I
> said, I dont want to remove all the p tags from everything, just
> specific parts of the news item like the author...

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tt_news/Configuration-63/#oodoc_part_5853
You will find the answer there.
One small tip -> It's in:
Display Settings for  "SINGLE","LIST" and "LATEST" and is has something to
do with "author".
Together with the things you already did and a bit of comprehension you will
be able to find out how it works even if you really didn't seem like a
bookworm to me ...

;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian