[Typo3] Disable / enable fields, buttons and or modules for user

Yomo Guiamo yguiamo at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:54:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to do the following in TSConfig without success. I explicitly
want to do this with TSConfig. I know it's possible via the List->edit
user module, but I want to expand my knowlegde of TSConfig.

(Web->Page module)
1. Disable hide button in Web->page module when creating content (on the
content overview startpage) for a certain user.

2. Disable page: Hide Page exclude field on the same Web->page module.

(All modules)
3. Disable certain modules eq. web-> list module for a certain user.

To make it short: I want to be able to disable/enable ANY Access list
option for a user (Modules, Tables (listing), Tables (modify), Page
types, Allowed excludefields, Explicitly allow/deny field values, Limit
languages, DB Mounts, etc. etc.)

This what I've tried so far.
1. options {
    contextMenu.page.disableItems = hide #doesn't work
    contentMenu.pageTree.disableItems = hide # this DOES work
    #don't ask me why
    contextMenu.pageList.disableItems = hide # doesn't work
}

2. TCEFORM.pages.hide.disabled = 1 #doesn't work

3. I have no idea how to disable a certain module

Overall: I have no clue how to disable/enable any Access list item for a
user.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Yomo Guiamo