[Typo3] forcing new elements in a system folder

Meinte van't Kruis meinte at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:01:33 CEST 2005

Hello,

My question is simple: I have made some new elements in typo3 (like
the cd and cd-category in the example videos). My question is:

Let's say I have two sys folders: CDs and CD categories.

In the sysfolder CD, I'm creating a new CD, it belongs to a category
that doesn't exist yet though, so from there I hit the '+' (add) sign,
and the CD category window pops up. All is fine, but when I save the
new DC category, it is added to the CD sys folder (which is logical
really). But the thing is, I want it to be forced into the 'CD
category' folder, even when it is created from a new CD which is in
turn created in the 'CD' sysfolder.

so my question is: Can I have new elements behave in a way that they
will always end up in a certain sysfolder when beeing created?

Thx!

Meinte