[Typo3] Typo3 3.7.0 and MySQL 4.1.x - Error?

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Thu May 12 16:41:04 CEST 2005

Hi there,

I am running Debian 3.1 "Sarge" with MySQL 4.1.10 and Typo3 3.7.0.

Now, when I try to install an extension like tt_address or ms_survey,
the necessary database tables are not created. Pasting the "CREATE table"-
statements from these extensions manually into phpmyadmin showed why:

CREATE TABLE tx_mssurvey_items (
	uid int(11) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,

results in a MySQL-Error:
#1067 - Invalid default value for 'uid'

Removing the "DEFAULT '0'" just for the uid-field fixes this, every
table is created then as it should be.

Is this a general problem with MySQL 4.1.x or is it just my local
installation? If the latter, how do I get rid of it (besides of downgrading
MySQL, of course ;)?

Thanks for your help,

Sven