[Typo3] realurl - Strange behaviour / Configuration issue?

Matthias Taugwalder matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch
Thu May 12 09:49:17 CEST 2005

Good morning from Switzerland

RealUrl behaves strangely on my Typo3 setup: Everything seems to work fine,
but from time to time suddenly some pages aren't reachable anymore and the
first page (home) is displayed.

Neither clearing caches nor clearing the entries in the tx_realurl_* cache
tables did help. I also tried to delete the path segment entries of the
tx_realurl_pathsegment column in the pages tables... But no success...

It seems to me that something is wrong either with the REAL_URL
configuration in localconf.php or the URL rewriting part in the .htaccess
file.

It's also suspect that there are the following entries in my Apache log
every time I access a page:

[Thu May 12 08:36:25 2005] [debug] mod_rewrite.c(1743): [client
80.219.122.78] mod_rewrite's internal redirect status: 0/10.

It means that the limit of 10 redirects was reached...

Here's the realurl part of my localconf.php

	$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(
	        'init' => array(
	                'enableCHashCache' => 'FALSE',
	                'respectSimulateStaticURLs' => 'TRUE',
	                'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
	                'enableUrlDecodeCache' => 'FALSE',
	                'enableUrlEncodeCache' => 'FALSE',
	        ),
	        'redirects' => array(
	        ),
	        'preVars' => array(
	        ),
	        'pagePath' => array(
	                'type' => 'user',
	                'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
	                'spaceCharacter' => '_',
	                'expireDays' => 30
	        ),
	      'fixedPostVars' => array(
	              '_DEFAULT' => array (
	              ),
	      ),
	);

And here the part in Apache's configuration file

	# RealURL TYPO3 extension mod_rewrite configuration
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteRule ^/typo3$ - [L]
	RewriteRule ^/typo3/.*$ - [L]

	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
	RewriteRule .* /index.php [L]

Has anyone also this problem? Do you have any hint where I could proceed? I
have googled now for quite a time but with no success.

Probably that are two problems: 1. the Apache configuration issue and 2. the
realurl problem...

Thanks for your inputs and replies in advance.

Best regards,

Matthias Taugwalder

---
Matthias Taugwalder