[Typo3] Repetitive Section throughout the site

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 12 00:50:56 CEST 2005

Tyler Kraft wrote:
> No no no...
> It was a responses to Michael cause he asked how to get the bodytext.  I
> still think it would get the entire record and not just the header (but
> I might be wrong).
>
> You then replace it into the marks.
>
> marks.FOOTER < temp.footer
>
> I don't even know if it works, it was just something I remembered seeing
> like 2 years ago...
>
> to be honest I'm not a huge fan of TV as I told Bernard, I've had issues
> with it in the past.  I still like the older style templating with marks
> and getting content, etch....  I've always found TV to be a slow pain in
> the ass way of doing it when I need to make changes now because I have a
> client on the phone going 'We need to have this up now...'  when
> actually its them and not planning properly.
>
> I know I'm going to be branded as a heretic and wrong and all that but
> in my experience with it I'm just not convinced of a place where I need
> to use it for templating!  I do use it all the time to create FCE, which
> are and awesome thing!  But again when the client rings up and wants to
> change one little thing it often becomes a big hassle.  Where with old
> ways of doing it some html and css solved it.  At most it usually
> involved creating a extension template and a COA.
>
> With TV it is similar, you still need to replace into an area some
> content right?!  So where you replace this into (if its right and it
> works) is totally up to you.
>
> It might need to be either a lib or a named COA for it to work
> correctly, but I don't think so.
>
> So my fellow argumentative T3 enthusiast... how goes your site?
>

> Amir Mualem wrote:
>
>> Tyler Kraft wrote:
>>
>>> I thought the records object got the enitre record with that id, not
>>> just the header?
>>>
>>> try this, let me know if it works
>>>
>>> temp.footer = RECORDS
>>> temp.footer.source = 76
>>> temp.footer.tables = tt_content
>>> temp.footer.conf.tt_content = TEXT
>>> temp.footer.conf.tt_content.field=bodytext
>>>
>>> it's based on an example out of typoscript by example.
>>>

>>> hth

>> Are you telling me to try that code?  If so, what do I do after I copy
>> and paste it into the TS... I dont have to map anything in TV?
>> Thanks. :)

The site is doing fine thank you... very pressed for time lately to
finish this templating process.  I still have the footer, news,
articles, section navigation, right navigation and some home page FCE's
to finish... however the lack of an answer for this question seems to
have held me up. :-/