[Typo3] Repetitive Section throughout the site

Marlies C mc at mcuniverse.com
Tue May 10 22:51:45 CEST 2005

"Amir Mualem" <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1115756232.1836.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey,
>
> I have been wondering, and after looking around and reading over the FTB I
> have not found a way to do the following.  I want to make a section of the
> site, like a footer, which is repetitive throughout the whole site and can
> be changed myself.  However I dont want this to have to make me select a
> specific template on each page... that wont work (and thats the only
> closest solution I have seen in FTB).
>
> For example, the footer, I want it to be seen throughout the whole site,
> and I would like to update it from one part;... I dont want to have to go
> to every page and edit the footer content (which rules out the "2-column"
> tutorial in FTB).
>
> After searching the FTB I decided to post here because I dont know of a
> better way to effectively describe what I am thinking here... any thoughts
> on this?  My basic question is how can I make a section of the site like a
> footer easily updated throughout the site and appear throughout the site?
>
> A link to a tutorial or a relevent page in a document would definately
> help tons.
>
> Thanks

Hi Amir,

This is how I do it exactly like you described it in one central place. Hope
this helps.
http://www.mcuniverse.com/05/Fo.72.0.html

Marlies
www.mcuniverse.com

PS. My 2 versions of my site are not linked yet, so you might find different
tutorials depending on which version of my site you are. www.mcuniverse.com
is the old one, the one with /05 is the new one.