[Typo3] Repetitive Section throughout the site

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 22:17:29 CEST 2005

Hey,

I have been wondering, and after looking around and reading over the FTB
I have not found a way to do the following.  I want to make a section of
the site, like a footer, which is repetitive throughout the whole site
and can be changed myself.  However I dont want this to have to make me
select a specific template on each page... that wont work (and thats the
only closest solution I have seen in FTB).

For example, the footer, I want it to be seen throughout the whole site,
and I would like to update it from one part;... I dont want to have to
go to every page and edit the footer content (which rules out the
"2-column" tutorial in FTB).

After searching the FTB I decided to post here because I dont know of a
better way to effectively describe what I am thinking here... any
thoughts on this?  My basic question is how can I make a section of the
site like a footer easily updated throughout the site and appear
throughout the site?

A link to a tutorial or a relevent page in a document would definately
help tons.

Thanks