[Typo3] Kickstarter/CD collection question

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Tue May 10 20:30:48 CEST 2005

Kind of a basic question!
anyway:

You do it the same as you did for list mode! You have to change the file
class.yourextension.pi1.php in folder pi1.

You do have a function called pi_list_row. This generates your output of
one single row (record) in the Database, i.e. one CD. The call to list
the picture looks like this:
$this->getFieldContent("listpicture")

This code calls the funtion getFieldContent which contains a switch
construct, so $this->getFieldContent("listpicture") calls the code that
lies in case "listpicture".

Duplicate that code (from 'case' to 'break') and just replace
"listpicture" with "singlepicture" for example.
Then you look at the file setup.txt in folder static. This adds TS code
that (among other things) controls the size of this image. You duplicate
this code too and replace "listpicture" with "singlepicture", then you
change the size in pixels of the image.

So now in class.yourextension.pi1.php you can call
$this->getFieldContent("listpicture") to get a small picture and
$this->getFieldContent("singlepicture") to get a big one.
You now just have to find (in class.yourextension.pi1.php) the function
singleView and call $this->getFieldContent("singlepicture") at the
appropriate place.

hope this helps

oe (christian)