[Typo3] Database Server IP Address mysteriously changing

Roberts, Emma Emma.Roberts at isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk
Tue May 10 13:14:13 CEST 2005

Hmmmmm - thanks.
I'll go and scream at syst admin.

Emma

-----Original Message-----
From: typo3-english-bounces at lists.netfielders.de
[mailto:typo3-english-bounces at lists.netfielders.de]On Behalf Of Mathias
Schreiber [wmdb]
Sent: 10 May 2005 11:09
To: typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Subject: Re: [Typo3] Database Server IP Address mysteriously changing

Roberts, Emma wrote:
> I went into the install tool and discovered that the database host had
been
> changed to a LAN IP address.  I changed it back which fixed the error but
> am bemused as to how this happened when I am the only person who knows the
> password.  (I changed the JOH316 install password when I set up the site).
> Presumably the only other way to change the host is by physically going
into
> the localconf.php file.  Is there any other way this could have happened?
> Just wanted to check before screaming at our system administrator.

No.
The only way to edit things in the localconf.php file are:
- Install Tool (if the Site is running disable it completely!)
- manually in the localconf.php
- "remote" via a php file somebody uploaded to your server via FTP or samba.

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!
  >> http://typo3.org/1438.0.html <<
NHS National Services Scotland Disclaimer

legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you have
received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the
originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or
alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.