[Typo3] Database Server IP Address mysteriously changing

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue May 10 13:09:18 CEST 2005

Roberts, Emma wrote:
> I went into the install tool and discovered that the database host had been
> changed to a LAN IP address.  I changed it back which fixed the error but I
> am bemused as to how this happened when I am the only person who knows the
> password.  (I changed the JOH316 install password when I set up the site).
> Presumably the only other way to change the host is by physically going into
> the localconf.php file.  Is there any other way this could have happened?
> Just wanted to check before screaming at our system administrator.

No.
The only way to edit things in the localconf.php file are:
- Install Tool (if the Site is running disable it completely!)
- manually in the localconf.php
- "remote" via a php file somebody uploaded to your server via FTP or samba.

--
No Subject - No Realname - No Service!
Respect the List/Newsgroup Rules!