[Typo3] config: type=>"group", internal_type=> "file" ? how toget full path to file?

Christian Trabold trabold at mehrwert.de
Tue May 10 10:25:19 CEST 2005

Hello René,

>>>In your config you set uploads/tx_webnize as the default
>>>upload-path. So the files get copied there. You'll have to
>>>add the folder yourself.
>>
>>Ah, I see. So whenever the user creates a new record, selects
>>my XML file, the file gets copied to the uploads/tx_webnize
>>folder. But what happends, when the user changes the original
>>XML file (overwrites the file), is the copied XML file also
>>updated? No - the answer was from a little test. I need that.
>>
>>Is it possible for me to force it to be copied?

no.

> Hmmm. Let me try to explain it in another way.

> OK, some of you guys say it's a feature, but not to me :-) Then I ask the
> questione once again:
>
> Is it possible for me to force it to be copied?

no.  ;)

Not by default. _Theoretical_ it should be possible to write a BE-Module
to force that.

But it would be nicer to modify the file-form see DAM-link below.

> Another solution is not to use the config type=group internal_type=file,
> but just to use a simple input field, putting the burden on the user.

Yes. Could be one solution.

Have a look at DAM [1]. Maybe you find some impressions there.

Some people rumour that this 'file-relation'-thing could be implemented
someday in the core. Watch the dev-list for news ;)

Regards,

Christian

[1] http://typo3.org/development/projects/digital-asset-management/