[Typo3] Check for broken links

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue May 10 09:32:27 CEST 2005

Hi all,

A client of mine with a rather large site (hundreds of pages and 1600+
PDFs) has asked me if there is any tool in Typo3 that can create a
report of all broken links (as Dreamweaver does, the client is used to
this tool).

Now I know that the typolink functions check whether the link is ok or
not and doesn't display it if it is not, but the text of the link still
appears. I also noticed that broken links appear in a special style in
the RTE. Still I couldn't find a view with a report about links status
and nothing appeared searching the archives for "broken links".

Am I blind or does such a tool indeed not exist? If it doesn't exist
could anyone give me a rough idea how much time it would take to
develop such a plug-in?

TIA

François Suter
Directeur technique