[Typo3] Navigation - How to show hierarchical path / How to get random integer

Matthias Taugwalder matthias.taugwalder at bluewin.ch
Tue May 10 08:23:37 CEST 2005

Hi all

I have two questions/issues which I'm currently dealing with:

1. Navigation / hierarchical path
---------------------------------

I'm trying to show the hierarchical path in the site navigation on a page.
It would be something like:

	Home			> Corporate			> About us
	(root page)		(level 1)			(level 2)

How can I achive that, I tried the following ways

	temp.where = TEXT
	temp.where.data = leveltitle:-1 - leveltitle:-2 - title

... didn't work (probably the .data attribute allows only fields not
concatenations of them).

The other variant

	temp.where = HTML
	temp.where.value = {leveltitle:-1} - {leveltitle:-2} - {title}
	temp.insertData = 1

... didn't work, too. It seems that the field in curly braces have to be
named different.

2. Random value
---------------

Assume 3 image parts on a website which should be displayed randomly. They
all have to get the same random number as filename but are so scattered
around the site so that the RandomImage extension isn't an option.

What I want is only getting a random integer value. Is this possible to
realize with Typoscript's internally functions or will I have to integrate a
php script which delivers the value to Typoscript?

Thanks for your input and reply in advance.

Best regards from Switzerland:

Matthias Taugwalder

---
Matthias Taugwalder