[Typo3] Blog and Send-a-card extensions don't work with MySQL 4.1.x

Jörg Schaller jorgo at jorgo.org
Mon May 9 16:51:03 CEST 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:44:21 +0300, Dmitrii Dimandt
<dmitriid at gmail.com> wrote:

>CREATE/ALTER with values          uid PRIMARY KEY DEFAULT '0' AUTOINCREMENT

I've already done that and also replace class.t3lib_install.php with
the latest CVS version. For sr_sendcard the database compare tool
keeps telling me

ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_card CHANGE img_width img_width char(3)
default '';
Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_card CHANGE img_height img_height char(3)
default '';
Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_card CHANGE selection_image_width
selection_image_width char(3) default '';
Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_card CHANGE selection_image_height
selection_image_height char(3) default '';
	Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE fontsize fontsize char(2)
default '';
	Current value: varchar(2) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE img_width img_width char(3)
default '';
	Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE img_height img_height
char(3) default '';
	Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE selection_image_width
selection_image_width char(3) default '';
	Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE selection_image_height
selection_image_height char(3) default '';
	Current value: varchar(3) default ''
ALTER TABLE tx_srsendcard_sendcard CHANGE language language char(2)
default 'es';
Current value: varchar(2) default 'es'

I've tried to manually update the "varchar" value to "char" in
phpmyadmin but it doesn't stick. I still get "varchar" afterwards,
however, the Default value is changed to "0" instead of "".

There are no error messages for ee_blog that I could troubleshoot.

Cheers,
Jörg