[Typo3] logical user management

Luc Verhoeven info at djluc.nl
Sat May 7 16:19:07 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I am creating a new Typo3 based website. We are going to provide logins for many users so we have to plan our user-system quite carefully before doing anything. Like always we don't have a basis system:

We have a site where events (like party's) are shown. We have a real-world people structure like:
SITE-Managers
  - EVENT_1
    -organisation
    -volunteers
  - EVENT_2
    -organisation
    -volunteers

They all login on the same site. There are some FE plugins we use which have to be customized:
We want in the internmail that the people are only able to send messages to their event-group. So the volunteers of EVENT_2 can only send messages to the people in the group EVENT_2.

How do we create this in Typo3? We have many events so we cannot create a page for every event. We have to do it dynamic.

The problem we have I think is that the FE_users are not tree-based. So we cannot find the "parent group."

Any creative ideas?

- Luc Verhoeven (djluc)