[Typo3] controlling tca with TS or TSconfig

christian oettinger christian.oettinger at gmx.de
Fri May 6 21:53:31 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have an extension with a typefield. When editing a record in BE,
different fields for editing are shown, depending on the value of the
typefield. This is standard.
How would I achieve the same using TypoScript or TSConfig placed on a
page instead of the typefield?

So in the end I like to configure my pages, so that I see different
fields for editing, depending on which page I am. I also want to get rid
of the typefield, so that I can only edit the allowed fields, no chance
of seeing any others.

So I think I just have to know the syntax of controlling tca, which
fields are shown. Sorry if this is very basic, I'm sill kind of new to
typo3.

thanks for hints!

oe (christian)