[Typo3] need to move a site, how?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri May 6 15:59:54 CEST 2005

Bing,

If the page tree is not to big you can export the tree using the click menu,
If the tree is big (our site doesn't export with that....).
Then we just do a databasedump using the provided dump method on our DB,
then we load it back on the new server.

You also need to copy the following directories:
uploads/
typo3temp/
fileadmin/

When the installation on the new server is brand new,
then I also would advice you to do a 123 install first on that server
check if image processing is correct, database connection is correct etc....
This will insure you that the DB is running and typoe is working as
expected.
Als this info is stored in the typo3conf/localconf.php

Possible, after that you need to instal some of the needed extentions
from ter.
I always make a simple screenshot with the installed extentions from the
dev. server
and install them by hand on the new server..

I think that should be it...

Ries