[Typo3] Strategy for page templates... help needed.

Francesco di Francia darksky77 at email.it
Thu May 5 22:20:10 CEST 2005

> Sorry if I sound a bit rude, but I have been just having enough with
> this mailing list already.  I wonder if other noobs feel the same way.

I think you are not a BIT but a LOT Rude and "unpolite".

People are trying to explain you many things, but, in my opinion, the
main 2 things are:

1) This is a Mailing List ( readable as a newsgroup, also ) and you are
flooding users mailbox with question ALREADY answered and so stored.

2) In this manner you are adding double, triple copies of the same
topic/issue. Having a redundant archives will make much caotic and hard
future searches. Also it's a waste of server resources. You are not
asking  "news" and "update" about an extension in development.

You can say:"hey, can me only cause all this mess and waste to server,
to ML, to users ?".
Surely not, but imagine if all newbie start to have your behaviour in
this ML. A REAL MESS.

Typo3 is OS, is FREE. And this is enough, MUCH MORE than enough. Don't
expect much more, what you have is really a lot. The rest is only in
your hands ( and time ). If you don't like typo3 FREE and Volunteer
support, you can change CMS.
Before making questions search this ML and read documentation.
You CAN NOT say:"i have not time to read and search, i need to end my
site in time". If you need this kind of "service" ( yeah, it's a service
) than contact a typo3 consultant and pay him.
I'm from an another CMS community ( mdpro cms ) in wich i learned that
in the moment you download the entire CMS source and install it you are
in big debit with cms coder team and community. The minimum you can do
for "paying your debit" is to learn quietly, without making odd and
repetitive questions and without  exptecting quick and clear answers.
Also, the key is always _respect_ for ALL but expecially for "veteran
users". They are the most experienced and they help other people from
long time, may be a bounch of years. The last thing, as a newbie, i'd
say to them is :"if you don't like my question then don't aswer me and
ignore it".

Cheers and sorry for the Nth useless post ^__^

PS: ah..i forgot to say i'm a newbie too. I'm currently studying Typo 3
from 2 months ( even if i had to study english first, as you can realize
reading this mail eh eh eh ) and i think that other months will pass
before i will start to ask questions.