[Typo3] how do extensions authors catch up with core updates?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu May 5 16:01:55 CEST 2005

Bing,

we can catch up fairly good since Kaspers (and typo3's programming
stratagy) is to make the core
always backwards compatible.
Sometimes functions get depreciated but will live in the core for a long
long time so existsing extentions
will not break.
I have seen extentions made at the 3.5 age that still work in 3.8beta.

My extentions made in 3.7 also work flawlessly in 3.8beta2.1.

that's my experiances so far.....

Ries