[Typo3] Top Content (gst_topcontent) extension prevents site frontpage from being cached

Andriy Kozynets typo3 at unascu.org.ua
Thu May 5 12:11:18 CEST 2005

Greeting to all Typo3 community!

My question is about the Top Content Extension.

The extension is just great and works perfectly as expected except it makes
a frontpage at which it shows results being not cached
(200-500ms parsetime when plugin is hidden versus nearly 8 seconds and more
when it is visible).

My concern is to show only 5 latest records from custom Abstract (EXT:Top
Content) field in new content elements on frontpage
(made through the following Constants in template:
plugin.gsttopcontent.sqlTeaserField = tt_content.tx_gsttopcontent_abstract
plugin.gsttopcontent.sqlAndWhere = and tx_gsttopcontent_abstract <> '').

Please tell me, if anyone solved this or knows how to solve this.
Would really appreciate any hints!

My compliments and best regards to Mr. Gruettner and all the Typo3
community.

Andrij Kozynets

--------------------------------------
Just in case servers configs:

My shared hosting configuration (I know that collocation would make our
non-profit organization happier):
OS: Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
Kernel: 2.6.11.8-1
WebServer: Server version: Apache/2.0.52
PHP: PHP 4.3.11 (cgi) (built: Apr 18 2005 13:44:57)
MySQL client: mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686)

Separate database server:
OS: FreeBSD i386
Kernel: 4.11-RELEASE-p4
MySQL: /usr/local/libexec/mysqld Ver 4.1.11 for portbld-freebsd4.10 on i386
(FreeBSD port: mysql-server-4.1.11_1)