[Typo3] Indexed Search Input

Mike Fabricius mike at mikefab.net
Wed May 4 11:53:50 CEST 2005

Kester Hynds wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to place a search box on every page of my website - I have
> managed to do this and include it in a template but when I perform a
> search the results appear in the small content area I have defined on
> the edge of my template - this looks really bad!! How can I control this
> and make the results appear in the main area? E.g Like the Typo3.org
> website...
>
> Regards
>
> Kester Hynds

Insert the indexed search plugin in the main content area of a page
where you want the results to appear.

Hard code the search form into your template so it appears on every
page. Looking at the source of T3.org, it uses the html pasted at the
bottom of this message. Clearly you need to change the target of the
form to wherever your search page is. Alternatively you could insert the
form via typoscript, or create a templavoila FCE which contains it so
you can insert it only when you want.

Hope this helps

Mike

<form action="fileadmin/t3org/../../index.php?id=1344" method="POST">

class="inputfields" style="width:125px;" title="Enter a search word"></td>
height="17" alt="Search" title="Search" border="0" hspace="8"></td>
		</form>