[Typo3] realURL-- never displays a 404 page

LaPointe, Matthew MLaPointe at venterinstitute.org
Tue May 3 22:57:00 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I am having an interesting time getting a 404 page to work with realURL.

I have thoroughly tested mod_rewrite and I am sure that it is working
correctly.

Here is the situation:

page ID# 60 title="search" === real page page ID# 99 === non-existent
page

http://[server_name]/index.php?id=60  takes you to the proper "search"
page
http://[server_name]/index.php?id=99  takes you to the error page I have
defined in the install tool:

pageNotFound_handling  =   READFILE:missing.html
This works as expected.

The problem is that
http://[server_name]/search/  works
but
http://[server_name]/search_BOGUS_INFO_HERE/ takes you to the root home
page and not the 404 page defined above.

Also:
http://[server_name]/index.php?id=search   works as expected
but
http://[server_name]/index.php?id=searc35235h   responds in the same
fashion as the realURL links above.

I'm not sure if I've missed something in the RealURL config or not.  The
documentation of RealURL is a little vague on 404 errors and everything
I've read in the mailing list archives gives me the impression that 404
errors should work "out of the box."

Thanks for any help.

Matt

===========================
>From localconf.php:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl']['_DEFAULT'] = array(

        'init' => array(
                'doNotRawUrlEncodeParameterNames' => FALSE,
                'enableCHashCache' => TRUE,
                'respectSimulateStaticURLs' => TRUE,
                'appendMissingSlash' => 'ifNotFile',
                'enableUrlDecodeCache' => TRUE,
                'enableUrlEncodeCache' => TRUE,
        ),

       'pagePath' => array(
                'type' => 'user',
                'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',
                'spaceCharacter' => '_',
                'languageGetVar' => 'L',
                'expireDays' => 3

    )