[Typo3] mysql connection failed

Diederik van Veen crz_06 at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 13:17:21 CEST 2005

hi list, sorry for posting this again, after posting this message on the
windows install list, but i hope to get an answer here that can help me

i'm have troubles getting my typo3 site up and running. I have a clean
installed winserver 2003 install with apache 2 and php 4.3.11 running
(latest versions). phpinfo shows they are running ok. However when i install
mysql 4.1 (or 4.0) i get prompted in the FE that there is a Database Error,
The current username, password or host was not accepted when the connection
to the database was attempted to be established!

mysql seems to be running fine, but when checking with the install tool it
shows under Basic Configuration:
---
Check database:
Could not connect to MySQL!
Connecting to MySQL failed with these settings:
Username: root
Password: *******
Host: localhost

Make sure you're using the correct set of data.
---

and under Database Analyzer:
--
Your database connection failed
---

So it seems typo3 cannot connect to the database. I'm no expert on
installing webservers, so please forgive me for asking this, where can i
check if my username and password are ok (are these these the password
settings given while installing the mysql database?, cause the password i
used, gives in typo3 a error, stating it is not an alphanumeric password.
Ifso how and where can i change this).

Or if you have any other suggestions?, cause i've been struggling to get
this up and running. Do i have to set somewere in tyo3 where my database is
located, cause it doesn't give me that option right now

BTW, something else. On and older weberver i've used the 6.0 rc1 wamp
installer, and still use the apache/php and mysql versions. I changed the
http.conf file to make it more secure, and uninstalled phpmyadmin. Do you
think this setup is still secure, or do i need to upgrade (which given my
current issues with my current webserver doesn't make me very willing )