[Typo3] link to single view in tt_news doesn't work

Christopher tombedlam at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 23:58:35 CEST 2005

--- Amir Mualem <amir219 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> For some reason the link from the latest view to single view does not
> work when I click the title, or "more".  It simply refreshes the page.
>
> I checked the manual and I see nothing relevelent.  Shouldn't this work
> out of the box?  Any ideas on what I could do to fix this?

Crying 'wolf' again? Boy are you a glutton for punishment...

First of all, the amount of information you've provided makes it nearly
impossible to offer useful advice re: the configuration of tt_news.
Furthermore, tt_news is one of the most widely used extensions in the TER
and has one of the very best manuals of any Typo3 extension. Did you check
the section called 'Troubleshooting' in the User's Manual? (Maybe that
section is "relevant"..?) Given how widely used tt_news is I would be
_extremely_ surprised if your problem can't be solved (and this is not
meant in a mean-spirited way) by _reading_ the manual. All of it.

Follow the manual's setup procedure step-by-step. If you still have no
success, _then_ post to the list, and make sure to provide useful details
about your setup.

Also, you might find it productive to simply try to make an educated guess
once in a while. For example:

Expected Behaviour: when clicking the link to a news item, a single news
item should appear

Actual Behaviour: when clicking the link to a news item the page just
refreshes

Question 1: What page is a single news article supposed to appear on?
Question 2: If it's supposed to show on the current page, why might it not
do soo?
Question 3: If it's supposed to show on _another_ page, why is the link
pointing at the current page instead?

Conclusion a: there is a missing/incorrectly configured plugin on the
current page.
Conclusion b: you have not provided the plugin with the correct page id for
the single news page.

Recommendation: Investigate the manual for settings related to Conclusion a
and Conclusion b.

-Christopher