[Typo3] TMENU listing rootlevel pages only

Amir Mualem amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 1 23:12:18 CEST 2005

Michael Scharkow wrote:
> Amir Mualem wrote:
>
>> Here is my page hierarchy:
>>
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Amirsan/hierarchy.png
>

> Your page hierarchy is wrong. Civilization is completely out of scope
> from Home (where you root template is). You should move civilisation
> into Home, create another page Home2 within Home, move all pages into
> that, and finally change your Home page type to shortcut to Home2 and
> rename Home2 to Home.
>
> E.g.
>
> Home (shortcut to Home2, but template is still here)
> -Home2 (rename to Home in the end for the menu)
> --Your
> --Stuff
> --Here
> ---even deeper nested
> -Civilisation
>
> The simplest TMENU (I did not check your code) should now display Home
> and Civilisation
>
> Greetings,
> Michael
>
> PS: You should stop yelling at people trying to help you for free (like
> Peter), and nobody cares if you don't have the time to RTFM. If you
> can't get paid support.

Ok, well I made the root page a shortcut to Portal.  THe template is in
Portal right now.

As I have said, Portal and Civilization are going to have different CSS
and HTML templates (probably different DS/OB and Template). However one
thing that stayes the same throughout both sites and any other sites I
add to the network is the network navigation at the top.  I want this
navigation at the top to link to each site (Portal and Civilization).

Now that you guys know that... what should I do next?

Michael mentioned to use Special directory, or static links, but can you
guys be a bit more specific?

PS:  Sorry if I sounded like I was screaming, I was/still am, very
frustrated and a bit agitated, I have been working on this for around 5
hours and I got nothing.  I hope we can find a solution once and for
all...