[Typo3] chc_forum beta of next version

Zach Davis zach at castironcoding.com
Thu Mar 31 19:17:23 CEST 2005

(this is also posted on the forum newsgroup, which encourage any
chc_forum afficionados to join)

FYI:

There's a beta release of the next version of the forum -- you can
download it at http://castironcoding.com/downloads/T3X_chc_forum.t3x

I fixed some bugs and added some minor features that had been requested
on the bugtracker (including the ability to create links to the forum
profile for the current logged in user from other extensions,
compatibility with the nested forum groups extension (not tested though,
but I think it should work), and a fix for that irritating bug where new
threads weren't being created properly in some cases). The two big
additions (sponsored by Sacha Vorbeck) are the ability to rate each post
(turn this on in the forum flexform) and the ability to set conferences
so that all new posts and threads will be hidden until unhidden by a
moderator. This can now be done via the frontend of the forum. I'd also
like to add a view where users can see the top rated posts, but this
will have to wait a bit.

Any testing help would be much appreciated. Thanks! I'll have a version
in the TER sometime tonight or tomorrow, I hope.

best,
Zach