[Typo3] Multi language site doesn't 'hold'

Alex van der Baan list at vanderbaan.org
Thu Mar 31 07:09:24 CEST 2005

Hi evryone,

I have set up a framework to get my companies multilanguage site in. I
have set it all up with the tutorial on typo3.org but remain with two
problems.

I have the site in English (default) and translated it in Dutch, the
flag menu works as it should with the Dutch flag greyed out if there is
no alternate page record. If I select Dutch, click on the homepage and
want to continue to another translated menu item I find that the
language reverts back to the default which is English.

My second problem comes with the news plugin, I cannot select the
language dropdown menu when I edit or add new news content elements. Is
there a solution to that problem?

Thanks,

Alex