[Typo3] Re: How to create an 'Empty' Typo3 package

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Mar 30 20:46:00 CEST 2005

patrick at schlaepfer.com wrote:
> Any how-to around how to create my own dummy.zip?

What do you mean by "your own" ?
Including what ?

I've you want some default database setup (Pages, Users, Typoscript, etc.
but no media, images or and other files) do the following:
Unpack a default typo3 dummy package (zip including sources or tar.gz
as you prefer.) do a 123 install and do all your necessary settings.
then export the database with all create statements and data to a file
called database.sql and put it in typo3conf/ of another fresh unzipped package
on which you didn't run 123 (overwriting the existing file there)

then pack the directory where you copied the database.sql file over with your
favourite archive-utility.

if you want to include also some settings done via the install tool then you
should take a look at localconf.php in both unpacked direcotries. Just include
all settings you find sensefull in the localconf.php of the not installed version.

If you do not include the database settings:
$typo_db_username = 't3_kb_chat';   //  Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$typo_db_password = 'xxxxxxx';   //  Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$typo_db_host = 'localhost';  //  Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Install Tool.
$typo_db = 't3_kb_chat_2';

then the install tool will come up.

greets,
Bernhard