[Typo3] Clearing Cache makes site and backend disappear.

Tim Boesenkool tim at boesenkool.com
Wed Mar 30 10:30:37 CEST 2005

Hey List

Got a rather serious problem and really could use some help. (preferably
fast help)

I'm running 4 sites out of typo3 3.7. I was logged in as admin on the main
site I use. As soon as I cleared both caches in the left column, the site
and the backend disappeared. I can't even get a BE login screen. In view
source I can see html, head and body tags, but that's it. Had a friend
check, with the same effect.

I have a bit of a workaround. I can access all 4 sites by manually typing
URL's. For example.

www.site123.com/index.php?id=home is the same as
www.abcsite.com/index.php?id=43 so I can still access the backend through
another site. I can see it is still fine in the view mode and I've gone into
the log and undid everything to the point before the site disappeared, but
to no effect.

I don't want to clear the cache from the site I'm presently logged in on for
fear of knocking out 2 out of 4 sites.

Any help or ideas on where to look and what to check would be profoundly
appreciated.

Regards

Tim Boesenkool

: :  <mailto:tim at boesenkool.com> tim at boesenkool.com