[Typo3] Writing a Backend Module

John Nicholas typo3user at mobosplash.com
Tue Mar 29 17:07:41 CEST 2005

I asked about this a week or so ago but didn't get any responses, I'm
going to try and describe it differently in case people didn't get what
I meant but know how to do what I need.

I have a Frontend extension that does exactly what I need as far as the
interface and what is being stored in my database tables. The problem is
that I really need this to be limited to one entry per page. The site is
built where each page represents a location and the data in the plugin
is about that location. I want to use the page this way partly to
control who can edit what; so that each location manager can only edit
their location's data. There is obviously no need to have multiple
version of location data (address etc). So I would like it to be a
module like "list" or "page" so that they click on the page in the tree
and get a single copy of the form. The kickstarter for Backend modules
doesn't build out the forms the way the front end plugins do and I'm
unsure how to move my forms from the front-end one I have to the backend
module. i could obviously build it all in the php file but I want to use
the RTE and have it look just like the other forms since that is what
the users will expect.

Thanks, John