[Typo3] GMENU with arrow on items with subpages

Lars Houmark lars at houmark.com
Mon Mar 28 22:52:36 CEST 2005

Hey list,

I am trying to create a GMENU_LAYERS menu with an integrated arrow in the
item if it has subpages.

Actually, I feel I am VERY close on succeeding, and again very far away, as
I afraid that it's is not possible with the GMENU.

Here's some code, I'm only pasting the code doing the arrow, as the rest of
the menu is very much regular.

--- cut ---

temp.menu_1.2.IFSUB < temp.menu_1.2.NO
temp.menu_1.2.IFSUB = 1
temp.menu_1.2.IFSUB {
  13 = IMAGE
  13.file = fileadmin/template/main/images/menu-arrow.gif
  13.tile = 1
  13.align = r,c
  13.width = 3
  13.offset = -4
}

--- cut ---

Now, the arrow appears on the correct pages, but my menu also has a
background change on RO - this works with all items having no subpage, but
the ones with subpages stays the same color. I have tried numerous changes
but with no success. The next problem is that being on the actual page which
has subpages, the arrow does not appear. This should be related to the
missing CURIFSUB - I have used some custom code there, but neither that with
any success.

In a TMENUITEM there is a configuration named  RO_chBgColor - that might do
the trick I should think, but it's not available for a GMENUITEM.

Does anybody have suggestions, maybe a complete working menu (must be GMENU
based)?

Regards,

Lars Houmark