[Typo3] Typo3 vs Plone. What are strenghts and weaknesses?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Mon Mar 28 20:03:14 CEST 2005

robert wrote:
> Suman,
> thanks for your email.
> I did not yet look at cmsmatrix.org because I am not so much interested
> in raw features.
> So I took your mail as reason to compare typo3 and Plone on cmsmatrix.org.
>
> A couple of things that revealed:
> - feature wise the two systems are comparable
> - the matrix is not very up do date (I can only judge Plone)
> - the use of such a comparson borders to nil. (in a very early state of
> evaluation it might be interesting)

Full ack. There's nothing like a manual review on both systems, the
cmsmatrix stuff seems to be taken from the feature lists only. I plan to
write a comparison of Plone/Typo3 once I have a litte more time. It will
be, of course, about getting into Plone from a Typo3 user's perspective.

I did a bit of toying around with Plone this weekend, and it looks a lot
more like one of the *Nukes or Slashdot than TYPO3. The basic portal
features and workflow are there out of the box, but customizing the look
and feel seems a lot more troublesome than with TYPO3.

Greetings,
Michael