[Typo3] Typo3 vs Plone. What are strenghts and weaknesses?

robert robert at redcor.ch
Mon Mar 28 14:47:14 CEST 2005

Suman,
thanks for your email.
I did not yet look at cmsmatrix.org because I am not so much interested
in raw features.
So I took your mail as reason to compare typo3 and Plone on cmsmatrix.org.

A couple of things that revealed:
- feature wise the two systems are comparable
- the matrix is not very up do date (I can only judge Plone)
- the use of such a comparson borders to nil. (in a very early state of
evaluation it might be interesting)
- the only option I saw "with a price tag" is database replication.
    this is either trivial in Plone (you just have to copy one single file)
    or it is part of a complex "automatic fail over" scenario which I
believe
    can not be found for free for any system.

robert