[Typo3] Typo3 vs Plone. What are strenghts and weaknesses?

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Mar 28 09:38:42 CEST 2005

robert wrote:
(...)
> I am collecting information on Typo3 to be able to compare Zope/Plone-
> based and Typo 2 based systems.
(...)
> I would therefore love to hear from people that have experience working
> with both of them. What is the strength of either of the two.
>
> - Features
> - Quality
> - Community
> - Release management
> - Support
> - Documentation
> - Interoperability
> - Deployment
> - Maintainability
> - ...

Hi Robert,
I can only think of http://cmsmatrix.org, which does a basic
feature-comparison of different CMS - also between Plone and Typo3. You
might know it already, but anyway :)
There is also a PDF out there (it is in german, thought), which does a
little comparison between Plone and Typo3 (and some other open source
CMS): http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~fith/ma/. It was a project at
Chemnitz Universitiy of Technology.

Cheers,
Ro