[Typo3] New Plugin: How to insert a selector box in the BE

Mischa Koning t3 at xoning.com
Sun Mar 27 20:57:05 CEST 2005

Dear List,

I have successfully written my own extension (a front-end plugin in PHP,
using the kickstarter) and need now to have a function like in tt_news,
where the admin can make the selection LIST, LATEST, AMENU etcetera.

The content element type with LIST should go in the main culumn of the page,
the second in the border column.

Everything has been prepared but the only thing I can't work out is the
selector box in the backend.
Maybe another option is to use a TSconfig field but it's also not clear how
to get that in the BE?

I assume the selector box will then create a config-var that you can have
access to with $this->conf["variable."], right? At least that's what tt_news
seems to use.

Could anyone direct me in the right direction?

thanks!
 Mischa - xoning.com