[Typo3] US Date

Amy Stinson tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Sat Mar 26 19:34:22 CET 2005

On 24 Mar 2005 at 13:56, Daniel Rahenkamp wrote:

> My site is at a school in the US and I have been having the hardest
> time understanding how to change the format of the dates to the format
> that is found in the US, which is M/D/Y. I have done the following
> things:
>
> 1)	I have set the date in the install tool to read like m-d-y
> 2)	I have used the object browser to change all date formats that I
> could find to m-d-y 3)	For the extension news I have changed the
> ext_typoscript_setup.txt for all occurrences of %e-%m-%y to %m-%e-%y
> 4)	I have searched through out the archives and have not yet found the
> answer. ( I am sure it is there I just can't seem to find it )

What I have found is that anywhere that it is expressly defined elsewhere that definition
overrides the default in the config setup.

<rant mode on>
Defining these setup variables within an extension is a bad idea for those of us who
expect system setup "defaults" to be applicable to every extension.  While I respect the
notion of a near infinite ability to tweak and customize, when things like the way dates
are rendered are defined as a "global" constant and that's not respected throughout the
CMS defies logic and the purpose of having a global definition IMO.
<rant mode /off>

If you are using tt_news (which I'm assuming you are) the date/time format is in the
setup.txt., which is found in the extension manager in the "edit files" area of the tt_news
extension.

I add the contents of that file to the setup area of my template and change the date
format and it works, providing you check the time/date.  Failure to do that brings up a
whole new set of problems :( which I've asked about, but have never seen a response :(.

Amy

Amy Stinson
Amy's Answers, LLC
email:  astinson at amys-answers.com