[Typo3] Typo3 vs Plone. What are strenghts and weaknesses?

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Sat Mar 26 15:56:04 CET 2005

robert wrote:

> - In our daily work we are often confronted with Typo 3  are asked to
> explain the differences.
>
> I would therefore love to hear from people that have experience working
> with both of them. What is the strength of either of the two.

Unfortunately, I know exactly no person who has comparable knowledge of
both Plone and TYPO3. This is probably because both systems are so
complex that nobody ever bothers to get into both of them, unless this
person has like a year or two off and scientific interest ;).
I have looked into plone recently, but it looks nothing like TYPO3. I
don't understand how Plone and ZOPE are related, and Plone uses (in
TYPO3-speak) front-end editing only, or rather it does not even have a
backend, does it?

Sorry, I am really interested in this, but cannot add useful information.

Greetings,
Michael