[Typo3] Plugin Content Element

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Mar 26 10:05:31 CET 2005

Hi,

Søren Schaffstein schrieb:
> Hi list
>
> I'm trying to write a new plugin for Typo3 and whish to create a new content Element Type called "secured download".
> What I want to do is: Put a new  type of content element on any page in the pagetree (like the type "Text" or "Image"). If someone selects the new type "secure download" I want only the fields "Header" and "File" (for upload) to be visible.
> Is this possible? And if yes how?

Sure this is easily possible.

First you should understand how the rendering is actually working using
Typoscript.

second you can use the Kickstarter and instead of selecting "plugin" as
FE-Plugin Type you can select "insert new content element". Basic setup
is then already taken care of.

> This seems a complicated/impossible task since many plugins like "address" etc. need to create their records using the "create new record" option.

That's just one way but not a "must".

> On the website itself I want to show a downloadlink to the file. After clicking the link the user must enter a downloadcode to verify that he is authorized for the download

well you have to code the application-logic yourself I am afraid. ;)

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag