[Typo3] different templates homepage and subpages

Olivier Laurent olivier.laurent at intarget.be
Wed Mar 23 17:40:23 CET 2005

Hi there,

I didn't understand quite well how templates work

I've got a very basic web site:
1. homepage
2. news
3. contact
4. partners area

Homepage is the only one with a dedicated template. Others pages use the
"normal template".

So basically I've just two different templates.

My root level is homepage.

in the setup of homepage, i've got:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
Read the template file
content= FILE
# HERE IS THE TEMPLATE FILENAME
content.file= fileadmin/template/index.html
elements {
BODY.all = 1
BODY.subpartMarker= DOCUMENT_BODY

HEAD.all=1
HEAD.all.subpartMarker= DOCUMENT_HEADER
HEAD.rmTagSections= title

TD.all=1
}

To use the common template on subpages I have to make them all rootlevels
and insert instead:

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
Read the template file
content= FILE
# HERE IS THE TEMPLATE FILENAME
content.file= fileadmin/template/normal.html
elements {
BODY.all = 1
BODY.subpartMarker= DOCUMENT_BODY

HEAD.all=1
HEAD.all.subpartMarker= DOCUMENT_HEADER
HEAD.rmTagSections= title

TD.all=1
}

How could I make the exactly opposite? :-)
normal.html should be default while index.html (use for homepage) should be
the exception.

Olivier