[Typo3] create Template Extension?

Stephane Schitter stephane.schitter at free.fr
Tue Mar 22 07:34:36 CET 2005

Joe Kralicky a écrit :

> Does anyone know if it's possible to create an extension for a
> Templavoila template?  I want to package the template so I don't have
> to recreate it on every server I deploy.

Joe,

As far as I know this is not possible. I have tried myself to create an
extension with a templavoila template : DS + TO, and associated
Typoscript or stylesheet files. All the data can be put into an
extension, except for the TO. Please see this thread where Kasper
mentions " Template Object cannot and will never [be exportable into an
extension]" : http://www.frozenurl.net/eeed8

 I am not sure how valuable it would be to still create an extension
without the TO, and let the admin perform the mapping of the objects to
the template after having installed the extension.

If however you somehow managed to create such a Templavoila template
extension, I would be *very* interested in the technique, as I would
need to use it as well.

Cheers,
Stephane